Resistance Community Roleplaying

HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Telling the story...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cacklad

PostSubject: Telling the story...   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:37 am

Hi guys... Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the roleplay last night - had to ditch early as after 3 hrs of gaming its 2AM here and my brain starts to melt... Wasn't sure what was going on half the time but had a good laugh and definitely enjoyed the change from just randomly running around shooting stuff.

What I wanted to suggest was a thread where the bare bones of the 'story so far' and 'what happened last night' can be posted so we have a general idea of story line, plot developments and what sort of direction to go in next.

It doesn't have to be an essay, just a guideline or bullet points so we can find our place in the story - especially if, like me, you can't be on every session.

I really like the' telling a story' and character development aspect of roleplaying, (which I will be trying to do with my characters in the character creation thread - sorry if you have read them that they are a bit long!), and discussing what happened, why, and what this can lead to on the forum out of character could help you find a place to fit yourself into when in character.

While the improv stuff is awesome - and was the stuff that had me laughing last night - there were a couple of points I didn't have a clue what was going on. Which helped in one sense as my character was supposed to be new in town and confused, but might be frustrating long term if there is no framework at all.

Also, this might help recruiting new members - they could come on here and see what the 'Story so far....' is, and create characters accordingly - obviously having a cool story people want to get involved in will be a better hook as well.

Back to top Go down
The Truth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Telling the story...   Wed May 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Great suggestions, I'm in the process of doing some of this already and I'm thinking of doing the bare-bones story of the roleplay so far in a newspaper form where we'll have a obituary and other general news on who's buying what etc.

Glad to know you enjoyed the roleplay, I'm Truth Ride (founder with Troll) and I don't think we've met but I thought you're character background was amazing and nothing is too long so good luck in the roleplay

Truth.
Back to top Go down
skits x

PostSubject: Re: Telling the story...   Sat May 25, 2013 12:28 pm

im going through the character backgrounds and the deceased statuses need to include how they died!!! definitely keep the stories fresh for revenge lines
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telling the story...   

Back to top Go down

Telling the story...
Page 1 of 1